That’s what I’ve begun calling my iPhone. When a friend of mine found out that I had recently gotten one, she commented: “that’s just going to ruin his social life.”
I’ve got to say though, the iPhone is incredible. Aside from a very short battery life (barely gets you through the day), more frequently dropped calls, an incredibly slow 3G network (at least in DC), and a few frozen moments, I have been ecstatic. No really. My life is so much better.
- Google Reader while going #2– I’m sorry if this grosses you out. It’s not like I’m un-hygienic about it. But you always have a newspaper! It’s incredible!
- Mobile Uploads– I finally have a camera with decent to good quality that I can upload straight to facebook, wordpress or flickr. You know what this means???? Frequent blog postings of crazies on the subway!!! I can’t wait.
- Twitterific– If only I had more friends who used Twitter. AH-HEM.
- Texting — is ridiculously easy with the iPhone. The smart keyboard is SMART. 90% of the time I make mistakes, it auto-corrects them. This is very helpful for fat thumbs.
- Applications — I know have an application with the NYC Subway map (City Transit), with live advisories, and bus lines. With a push of the button, I can GPS the closest stop to my location. I have the Yelp! application, which will give me listings and reviews of the bars and restaurants closest to me. The NY Times application gives me top stories in an easy to read format. “Showtimes” gives me all movie theaters in my radius, the movies playing, and their showtime. The Pageonce application gives me updates of every single online account I have, from banks, to social networks, to amazon, to e-bay, and every airline frequent flier program.
- Syncing G-Cal– I’ve used a third-party software to push my G-Cal to my iPhone. Amazing!
I’m really going to love the shit out of this phone until it gets stolen from me in the Bronx.